< Back to Job Post List
Internal Controls Specialist
Manage high quality, planning, execution, and reporting of internal audit engagements and projects within established timelines. This role reports to the Company’s Manager and the Audit Committee.
- Lead and conduct internal audits of various company components and operations.
- Analyze data for evidence of deficiencies in controls and/or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and company policies and procedures.
- Analyze data to verify the accuracy and integrity of the information.
- Report on audit status and outcomes.
- Evaluate internal controls audit templates and processes and collaborate with management to identify areas for enhancement.
- Communicate audit findings with responsible managers.
- Review audit responses and remediation plans.
- Monitor audit remediation activities.
- Perform follow-up audits to determine the status of prior audit findings and recommendations.
- Review and maintain adequate and accurate audit work papers, test results and reports.
- Establish and maintain audit schedule in accordance with company policy.
- Manage audit team, recruit, train and evaluate as necessary.
- Assist with store audit compliance, fraud training, regulatory and IRS examinations.
- Other special projects and assignments as necessary.
- Salary Range: Salary plus Travel Allowance.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 4+ years internal audit experience; related operations experience may be considered.
- Associate Degree required; BS/BA preferred.
- CICS or CICA preferred.
- Understanding of AML/BSA Compliance preferred.
- Microsoft Office, Excel and Word proficiency
- Flexible work schedule
- Strong organizational and communication skills, strong judgment and analytical ability, as well as the ability to direct and manage people
- Critical thinker, detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Ability to multitask under pressure
- Reliable access to own vehicle (business expenses will be reimbursed)
- Ability to travel between NY & NJ store locations and corporate office
Physical Demands and Requirements
Physical requirements include reading, writing, sitting, standing, communicating with customers, visual acuity, lifting up to 15 pounds, working a computer keyboard and screen, counting cash and handling paper and coins. These and other physical requirements must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.