< Back to Job Post List
Customer Service Representative
Manager, Regional Manager, Asst. Manager
Provide exceptional customer service by accurately conducting customer transactions, meeting the needs and exceeding the expectations of customers, while protecting the business interests of the Company and working in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Deliver superior customer service, count money correctly and complete transactions accurately. At all times be helpful, courteous, responsive, enthusiastic, and professional while interacting with customers and co- workers.
- Work always in accordance with the Company’s Core Values of Honesty, Enthusiasm, Accountability & Performance, Responsiveness and Teamwork (H.E.A.R.T).
- Cash checks accurately pursuant to Company, Compliance and Regulatory policies & procedures. Verify payee and endorsement, confirm proper identification, insure validity and determine funds availability.
- Recognize and report “Red Flags“. Identify counterfeit checks and forgeries; identify counterfeit currency and suspicious activity using all Company technology and systems; escalate problems, complaints, and suspicious patterns to Store Manager or Regional Manager.
- Know and follow Verification Procedure (which is attached to and a part of this Job Description) in all customer transactions (Verify SSN & ID, look for recent activity, etc.).
- Know and follow the P.A.C.I.F.Y. Procedure (which is attached to and a part of this Job Description) in all transactions and customer interactions.
- Know and follow all store Opening & Closing procedures.
- Know and follow all Security procedures.
- Count and verify cash and inventory according to procedures.
- Accurate and timely filing of BSA Worksheets for CTR Transactions during shift, including Suspicious Activity Reports.
- Create and verify new accounts.
- Process bill payments, money orders and wire transfers in accordance with standard policies and procedures.
- Open and close the store on time.
- Cross-sell Company products and services.
- Remain flexible for work or training assignments at assigned store or other locations.
- Be available to work non-traditional, flexible schedules, including evenings, weekends, overnights and holidays.
- Be at workstation at scheduled start time, ready and able to conduct business.
- Open files for new companies; place 7 Day Warning on new customers. Follow existing Warnings; verify existing company files in Point of Sale to check for new account numbers.
- Maintain accurate records and proper inventory.
- Answer basic customer questions about fees, products and services.
- Ensure workstation is properly and professionally maintained & supplied.
- Clock “In” and “Out” for each shift worked using Time Clock system; Clock In to correct store.
- Balance cash drawer daily with no shortages.
- Verify cash deliveries and inventory; count bills in stacks and initial wrapping to confirm.
- Enter new customers in system in accordance with standard New Customer procedure, and update information on existing customers when appropriate (See: Verification Procedure).
- Attend all training.
- Cooperate fully and honestly with all internal investigations and inquiries.
- 100% compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Report theft and/or policy (or procedure) violations to Regional Manager or Senior Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Honesty, Reliability, Dependability, Flexibility and Punctuality.
- Complete knowledge of Job Responsibilities, check cashing procedures, Verification Procedure and P.A.C.I.F.Y. procedure, and related financial services skills.
- Ability to make informed decisions (alone or with Manager assistance) regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction issues against Company exposure to loss or fraud.
- Complete ability to use all Company systems, vendors and technology accurately and consistently as required.
- General Mathematical skills.
- High degree of accuracy, and the ability to follow policies and procedures on each transaction.
- In-depth knowledge of Company products and services.
- Strong communication and organizational skills. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to cross-sell products and services.
- Phone etiquette skills.
- Ability to understand and follow all security procedures.
- Poise, composure, patience and the ability to interact with co-workers, customers and management in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to follow instructions and take direction.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and Company regulations including Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, fraud detection, counterfeit recognition and all other applicable rules and regulations, and the CSR’s roles and responsibility relating to each.
- Knowledge of the proper use of equipment, such as computers, printers, fax machines, phones and security devices and procedures.
- Legally authorized to work in U.S.
- Honesty, reliability, and flexibility.
- High school diploma or GED (effective 03/01/2011).
- Be free of criminal convictions.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Cash handling or sales experience preferred.
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
- Experience working with computers preferred.
Physical Demands and Requirements
Physical requirements include reading, writing, sitting, standing, communicating with customers, visual acuity, lifting up to 15 pounds, working a computer keyboard and screen, counting cash and handling paper and coins. These and other physical requirements must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.